The distance education of DIMS is committed to provide career-oriented educational programs at the diploma, Bachelors, post graduate diploma and master’s level.
Objectives of the Distance Education Program
- To provide high quality, value based, career-oriented education to students.
- To facilitate students in understanding developing, integrating and applying both core and specialized concepts and practices.
- To provide students with a stimulating and learning atmosphere so that, they can utilize their intellectual capacities to specialize in various areas of study.
- To produce energetic, effective, efficient and ethically driven, graduates and post graduate to serve society.
Distance education simply means imparting education from a distance wherein the teacher and the student are physically separated. In terms of design and structure, the common features of Bachelor’s and master’s certificate programs are as follows. The medium of instruction is English comprehensive course content. Comprehensive course content will be supplied to all the student. Students enrolled for different programs will receive complete study material within 30 days of payment of fees. The study material will be sufficient to cover full syllabus and the students can take the help of library, internet and other sources to widen the knowledge as well be sufficient to cover full syllabus and the students can take the help of library, internet and other sources to widen the knowledge as well as to solve the case studies.
Academic Counseling: Counseling is an important activity in distance education and entirely different form usual class room teaching. Counselors answer questions during counseling sessions besides clarifying doubts of students and helping them overcome difficulties they face while going through the study material. These counseling sessions also offer students an opportunity to interact with their peers.
Practical Training: Depending upon the subject, a required amount of practical training is imparted to students at the learning center. In certain specialized subjects, intensive counseling is also provided on specific subjects.
Project/Report: The student is also required to prepare projects wherever necessary which are then evaluated by the local counselors.
Your Future Starts Here.
The candidates enrolling with DIMS short duration correspondence Management Programs are likely to get several learning benefits from each one of the subjects of study. Each subject provides in-depth coverage so that the candidates derive maximum benefits. The more important learning benefits are identified below:
- You will be able to understand the various aspects of business management and the importance of various functional areas in the operations of an organization.
- You will get to know about formulation of business policies and strategies and their implications for the organization.
- You will understand the driving forces behind business cycles like boom, recession bus and recovery so that you can develop and modify your business plans suitable.
- You will understand the key cost concepts and their applications in business decisions like make or buy, expend or shut down, expand or shrink product mix determination etc.
- You will understand the various ways in which information technology and information management are useful in business management and enhancing the competitiveness of the company.
- You will learn in detail about marketing mix components products, price, distribution and promotion and how the mix changes at different stages of the marketing process.
- You will be able to “analyze and understand behavior in an organizational context with an emphasis on decision making.”
- You will be able to develop the art of effective communication and presentation.
- You will understand the corporate environment in which a responsible business has to be conducted by a good corporate manager.
- You will learn how important it is for companies to conceive new projects, execute them efficiently and manage them will after commencement of commercial production so that the company can achieve growth and profitability.
- You will understand the importance of efficient operations management and its strategic importance in the smooth operations of a business.
Ultimately, how much benefit you derive from a course essentially depends upon you and your willingness to learn and your imagination. These benefits will acquire to you over a period of time as you understand the concept, tool and techniques and learn to apply them. The DIMS unique short duration distance learning correspondence management programs will certainly tickle you intellectual curiosity and will open career opportunities.